Terms & Conditions
Contact Us / Map
Terms and Conditions
1. In this agreement and all documents referred to heron, singular
words shall include plural words, words importing a person shall apply to
corporations and masculine gender shall include the feminine and neuter
genders and two or more renters shall be bound jointly and severally.
2. The appliance shall remain the sole and absolute property of the owner
and the renter shall not sell, assign, pledge, underlet, lend or otherwise
part with possession of the appliance and shall not without the owners
written consent remove the appliance from the address set out above. The
renter will protect the appliance against distress, execution or seizure
and indemnify the owner against all losses.
3. The renter shall indemnify the owner, and keep them indemnified against
all loss of, or damage to, the appliance howsoever occasion, and the renter
shall at his own expense insure the appliance to its full replacement value
as agreed in the above schedule, against loss or damage from any cause.
The renter agrees to be responsible for insuring the appliance fully until
such time as the appliance is received by the owner. The renter shall continue
making rental payments until the full value of the loss or damage has been
paid to the owner.
4. The owner shall not be liable for any consequential damage or loss occasioned
by the breakdown or malfunction of the goods, but the owner undertakes to
keep the appliance serviced, and to repair and replace any parts which are
faulty due to fair wear and tear. The owners responsibility shall
not exceed refund of the hiring fee paid, or supply of substitute goods
for another hiring period of equal value.
5. If the contract is altered to a shorter term, then the standard rental
rate for the shorter term shall apply.
6. The renter at the expiration of the initial term of rental stated in
schedule shall continue renting the appliance at the rental rate currently
being paid until the renter shall terminate the renting by giving no less
than 4 working hours notice of termination to the owner and by returning
the said goods to the owner at his place of business, or as the owner shall
7. If the renter defaults in payment of rental and such default has continued
for a period in excess of seven (7) days then the owner, servants or agents
may, without prejudice to any other rights or remedies they may have the
virtue of this agreement or otherwise, attend to the collection of the arrears
of rental and/or appliance, and the renter shall reimburse and indemnify
the owner for all the losses, costs charges and expenses of whatever nature
incurred by the owner in or about the collecting or attempting to collect
the arrears of rental and/or appliance.
8. The renter shall notify the owner of change of address within seven (7)
days, failure of the renter to notify the owner of change of address constitutes
a waiver by the renter of the obligation clause 6 that notice be provided
by the owner on default of the agreement.
9. The owner shall be entitled at any time to assign the benefit of the
agreement to any person, firm or company.
10. Where a bond has been paid to the owner, the bond will be retained by
the owner for the duration of this agreement and the amount be refunded
to the renter at termination of the renting and uton the return of the appliance
to the owner providing the renter has duly complied with all the terms and
conditions therein. The owner shall be entitled to deduct from the bond
any monies due to them by the renter under this agreement.
11. Where any amount is outstanding at the time of termination of the rental,
or at any other time, the renter expressly authorises the owner to charge
such amount to any current credit card account, held in the name of the
12. If the owner considers it relevant to assess my/our application for
credit, I/we agree to him obtaining a report about my/our commercial activities
or commercial credit worthiness from any agency which provides same.
ACCEPTED BY: NAME:....................................................................
DATE: / / SIGNATURE:..........................................................